He’s yet to take the field for the Blues in Super Rugby Aotearoa but All Blacks great Dan Carter will return for a familiar team this weekend.
The new Blues recruit will make the most of the Blues’ bye weekend to travel to Canterbury and turn out for his beloved Southbridge club on Saturday.
Carter is likely to pull on the No. 10 jersey at Southbridge Domain against West Melton.
Dan Carter last played for the Ellesmere based club in 2014.
“A bit of club rugby would be good so hopeful to get down there and put on the blue and white Southbridge hoops this weekend,” Carter told Newshub.
* Birthday boy places $21,300 winning bid on Dan Carter All Blacks jersey
* Super Rugby Aotearoa: Dan Carter races clock for Blues debut against Crusaders
* Dan Carter’s All Black jersey auction runs hot to help his Southbridge club
* Crusaders to play at Dan Carter’s old club of Southbridge in 2019
* ‘Carter country’ salutes its king after man of the match performance
Carter last played for Southbridge in 2014.
His rugby return marks the first major step in his aim to ready to take on his old team the Crusaders in Christchurch on July 11, in what would be his Blues debut.
Blues signing Dan Carter will play for his beloved Southbridge club on Saturday.
Carter, a 112-test dual World Cup-winning All Black, signed on for the Blues earlier this month as injury cover for Stephen Perofeta.
He answered an SOS call from former Crusaders teammate and Blues coach Leon MacDonald.
MORE TO COME